TERMS OF ADOPTION:
1. You agree to adopt a male/female (your breed), aged_____, color______with the call name of "_______________".
2. Because the dog has already been altered, you agree to donate $________ to the (rescue name) Rescue for this service.
3. (Your breed, if appropriate) are typically affectionate and friendly, and Rescue will not place a dog known to have an unsound temperament. However, no one can predict how any dog will react in a given situation, especially without complete knowledge of its life experiences. Therefore, adoptive owners are strongly urged to exercise prudence and caution in introducing an adoptive dog into a new situation until the (breed name) has become fully adjusted to its new environment and the adoptive owner has had an opportunity to become familiar with that (breed name's) unique personality.
4. No (breed name) will be placed in a new home which does not provide a fenced yard, except for apartment dwellers. A (breed name) must never be allowed to run loose. It should always carry identifying tags or be tattooed with an identifying name or number, or have a microchip implant. Apartment dwellers must agree to always walk the dog on a leash. Because (breed name) are bred as (breed propose), they will (______________ ). Basically, (breed name) are best kept as house dogs in close companionship with their families. (When appropriate)They should also be in a home where they will be sleeping in the home and not left outdoors at night.
5. Adoptive owners must be prepared to demonstrate their ability and willingness to provide proper food, medical care, and a loving, safe, healthy and clean environment for the adoptive (breed name). Even if the dog has already had a basic obedience course, we urge a "refresher" course to establish respect and a close rapport more rapidly between dog and owner. Always be sure that the trainer is familiar with the (breed name)'s temperament.
6. The ownership and responsibility for the adopted (breed name) belongs solely to the adoptive owners. However, if for some valid reason, the adoption does not work to the advantage of the new owner and the dog, (rescue name) Rescue must be contacted and given the option of reacquiring the (breed name) before any further placement. The adoptive owner shall not transfer ownership of the (breed name) unless the (rescue name)Rescue elects not to exercise this option with 14 days.
7. Inasmuch as is practical, each prospective adoptive home will be visited by a (rescue name) Rescue member to evaluate its qualifications as an adoptive home.
8. The placement of a male (breed name) in a home in which another male dog of any breed lives will be considered only in the most exceptional cases, and this type of placement is strongly discouraged. A follow-up visit and supportive advice by a participating (rescue name) Rescue member will be strongly urged following placement of a (breed name) through the Rescue.
9. The (rescue name) Rescue makes no representations or warranties regarding the temperament or physical condition of any adoptive (breed name). All warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, where they are applicable, are hereby specifically disclaimed.
(continued on Page 2)
[Back] [Page 1]
10. The (rescue name) Rescue shall not be responsible for any bodily injuries or property damage caused by any adopted (breed name) or by the actions of its adoptive owners. The adoptive owner hereby specifically assumes sole responsibility for, and agrees to hold the (rescue name) Rescue harmless from, any and all loss and expenses (including legal fees) by reason of liability imposed by law upon (rescue name) Rescue, or any of it's officers and members because of bodily injuries or death to any person or persons including the adoptive owners, or any damage to property arising out of or in consequence of the placement of the (breed name), howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property may be caused, whether or not the same may have been caused, or may be alleged to have been accused, by negligence of the aforementioned parties or any of their employees, agents or members, or any other person.
I have read the preceding and agree to the conditions set forth this______ day of__________, 199____.
__________________________________________________ Signature of Adopter __________________________________________________ Signature of Adopter __________________________________________________ Address __________________________________________________ City, State, Zip __________________________________________________ Phone Witnessed: __________________________________________________ Rescue Member[Back]